Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that creates stronger communities helping families cope with difficult life circumstances so they and their children can thrive? Are you a interested in working with an agency that educates, advocates, and changes lives, building and strengthening individual, family and communities? We invite you to apply.
KidsFirst is a non‐profit organization that strives to educate, advocate and change lives as the Child Abuse Prevention Center for Western Placer County. KidsFirst has many programs and services that support families through their family resource centers and community partnerships.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, and the immediate supervision of the Administrative Services Manager or delegate, the Program Associate / Administrative Assistant provides a variety of program support services for KidsFirst such as clerical, technical and paraprofessional duties in support of centralized administration, accounting, IT facilities, payroll and personnel functions or in support of related projects and programs, assists in researching, compiling, and reviewing information; develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases. Individual in this position must keep multiple tasks on schedule, use tact and judgement, and preserve confidentiality of sensitive information.
This position is differentiated from the Administrative Technician by the level of complexity and responsibility of the tasks assigned as well as lead technical and supervision duties that may be required. This position will generally take direction from or be supervised by the Administrative Technician on a day-to-day basis.
Examples of Essential Duties:
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform a wide variety of responsible and confidential clerical and administrative duties for the administrative unit focusing on facilities, IT, payroll and personnel processes and
- Perform administrative projects and programs in support of the administrative unit; research, input and compile
- May be requested to prepare deposits and related
- Coordinate incoming calls for service for IT, facilities, janitorial or general supply ordering, coordinating or referring more complex issues to Administrative Techinician for assistance/resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and
- Prepares statistical research and narrative reports at the direction of the Administrative Technician and/or Administrative Services Manager related to IT, janitorial, supplies and facilities.
- Assists In preparation and processing of administrative documents such as payroll, personnel actions, accounting, and contracts; maintains a variety of records and files in support of the administrative
- Creates a positive image of the agency with internal and external stakeholders/community partners.
- build and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally using principles of good customer
- Assists in special activities or events as
- Provides exceptional customer services, internally and externally, to those contacted in the course of
- Perform other related duties as may be
Minimum Qualifications of Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience may be considered to qualify.
- Associates degree or completion of 60 units of accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, human resources or related
- Two years of increasingly responsible technical and/or and clerical experience involving public
- Skilled in typing, data entry, filing, record keeping, customer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel. Operates a personal computer, calculator, copy/fax machine and telephones in the prescribed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as required by the position. Proof of adequate vehicle insurance and TB, drug and fingerprint clearance are also
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Principles and practices of administrative and/or clerical areas to which
- Computer software, including word processing, data base, spreadsheet, and accounting applications.
- English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and arithmetic, basic mathematical calculations and statistical
- Use of Modern Office procedures, methods, and computer
- Understand the organization and operation of the agency as necessary to assume assigned administrative/clerical
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently, twist and reach office equipment; write or use keyboard to communicate through written means; occasionally run errands; lift light
- Intermittently review documents related to department operations; observe, identify, and problem solve; understand and implement office systems and procedures; understand, interpret and explain department policies and procedures, laws and regulations; explain and problem solve office issues for the public and with
- Perform independent research in carrying out administrative
- Research, collect, compile, analyze and present a variety of data in a meaningful
- Prepare and process draft reports, correspondence, accounting/personnel documents and spreadsheets, maintain a variety of records and
- Compose general correspondence and
- Preserve confidentiality of sensitive material routinely encountered as part of work assignments.
- Plan, organize and schedule
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and effective
Wage and Benefits: Part‐time ‐ 24 hours per week; depending on experience starting at $15.86 per hour with COLA expected July 1, 2019; Paid Time Off; sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year, employee assistance program.
DATE: May, 2019
FILING DEADLINE: Until filled
LOCATION: Roseville and Auburn
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for our organization by emailing KidsFirst at: HR@kidsfirstnow.org
KIDSFIRST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SMOKE FREE/DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT
To apply for this job email your details to HR@kidsfirstnow.org