Spanish/English Fluency Required
Under the direct supervision of the Family Education Program Manager, the Parent Educator provides parent education, developmental information and family support to parents through personal home visits to promote the healthy development of children from pregnancy to kindergarten. Parent Educators utilize the nationally recognized “Parents as Teachers” curriculum to deliver quality home based early childhood education, developmentally age appropriate resources and effective child –parent interaction techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend training to become a Certified Parent Educator.
- Provide personal home visits to families on assigned caseload
- Plan and conduct home visits using the Parents As Teachers (PAT) instructional curriculum based activities, methods and materials.
- Provide early detection and developmental screening services to children zero to five years of age.
- Monitor client caseload and record child’s developmental progress
- Maintain accurate records of all personal home visits, contacts, screenings, resource linkages and data input of progress and required reports.
- Maintain client confidentiality and integrity in keeping with agency policies, practices, professional standards and program requirements.
- Acquire knowledge and expertise of the agency’s Client Management System software and other various database systems.
- Participate in community outreach events as needed and required.
- Attend agency staff meetings as necessary and required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and adhere to ongoing policies, program standards and supervisory directives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sit for 6-8 hours at a time, kneeling, squatting, standing and bending
- Typing and computer work
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Drive a vehicle
- Command of the English language
- Good judgment
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood development or related field is preferred; or-
- Minimum of 60 college hours in early childhood development with a minimum of two years experience directly working with young children under the age of 5 required; or-
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or 5 years experience in a pre-school setting preferred.
- Required continuing education to maintain certification.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish and English is required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to receive supervision and work independently, problem solve and be solution-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive rapport with children birth through age 5 and their parents; effectively communicate developmental issues to families.
- Knowledge and skill working with diverse populations.
- Bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Display a positive, outgoing and flexible professional demeanor and be resourceful, non-judgmental and tactful in dealing with both children and adults.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents or community.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to perform CPR and First Aid.
- Advocate and Support Mission, Vision, and Core Values of KidsFirst.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Ability to pass TB Test and background check/fingerprint clearance.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, provide own transportation and have a clean DMV report.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY : Depending on Experience; Benefits package includes health, supplemental health, dental, vision and life insurance, Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, plus 13 paid holidays per year. We also offer a no-match voluntary retirement package and voluntary benefits with Aflac and Legal Shield; Non-exempt position.
POSITION LOCATION: Roseville and Auburn, CA
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for our organization by emailing KidsFirst at: HR@kidsfirstnow.org
** KidsFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Smoke Free / Drug Free Work Environment **
To apply for this job email your details to HR@kidsfirstnow.org